Hey Y’all! Welcome to week 9 of The Gathering Place! Today, we are going to continue the journey of reupholstering a vintage sofa part 3. Join us here each week to share what we’ve all been working on recently! We would love for you to link up your projects, DIY’s, home décor, and recipes. The party starts every Thursday and runs until the next Wednesday. We hope you will gather with us each week and link your projects to inspire and visit other linked projects to be inspired! Here are your hosts for the party, please stop by and say hello on our blogs or social media!
Jessica from Honey n Hydrangea | Pinterest | Instag
Dara from Hood Creek Log Cabin | Pinterest | Instagram
Daraka from Farmhouse For Five | Pinterest | Instagram |
This week i am Featuring Christine from ManagingTheChaos.com – She and her hubby built a dream barn that functions as a huge hang out and entertaining space on their property. It’s fabulous…you don’t want to miss seeing all the amazing details. Remember when i shared with y’all this commissioned painting I did last year for a family in Kansas City? Well, Now you and I get to see and read about the same barn !
This Post is relatively short, as after making and putting in 54 tufts, my fingers needed a serious break! I used the old fabric as my guide, and cut out the same shape on my white duck cloth. Then i used the old fabric to mark where my new holes should be for the tufting. I did this just by laying the old fabric on top of the new fabric, and used a pen to push through the old holes from the tufts and marking the new fabric. That got kind of wordy… did that make sense?! Once i had the new fabric marked, i placed the fabric on top of the foam, and went about putting my tufts in:
I continued on this way for the whole length of the back of the sofa. I kept laying it on the frame to make sure i liked the direction it was going…
Excuse all the fabric laying around during the process! After several hours, and very sore fingers, i finally had the back finished. I may add another layer of padding, which would mean removing the tufts and re-doing them (unless i can find another way that i’m happy with). I haven’t decided yet on that.
I know it will tighten up when i secure the sides to the frame, and i like that it has a relaxed farmhouse look to it as is, but i can’t decide if one more layer of padding would make me happier … or not. I will figure it out this week i guess, and will share the new progress with y’all next week!
Now it’s your turn! We want to see the projects y’all have been working on!!
Before you link up, please review these rules:
- You can link up to three family friendly posts, DIYs, Home Decor, Crafts, Recipes, etc.
- All links must be your own work, no other link parties, or ads.
- Make sure you link to your post and not your homepage.
- Please visit and comment on at least two other links.
- Please follow each host on at least one social media.
- If you are pinning a project, please click on the link and pin from the original source.
- Linking gives us permission to share a credited photo on our blogs, social media accounts, and roundups.
- If you were featured this week, please grab our button to share on your blog.
I hope y’all have enjoyed reupholstering a vintage sofa Part 3 and of course all of the amazing ideas that everyone shares in our link up each week! Have an amazing day! XOXO